Senior Java Engineer
The Senior Java Services Engineer role is critical to development team at JumpTech. The position requires very strong skills in web technologies written in Java and expertise across the entire java stack. Qualified candidates will have a strong understanding of HTTP, REST, and experience in ORM frameworks like EJB, JPA, and/or Hibernate. The position will play a leadership role in architecting the future state of JumpTech systems including a rational approach to refactor existing software to new technologies.
Qualification and Skills:
- 5 years experience in software development leadership role
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Extensive software industry experience
- Experience with Agile development and infrastructure
- An absolute passion for all things tech
- Expert understanding of Java 7
- Hand’s on expert with REST and ORM
- Significant experience with all *nix
- Comfortable with dev tools including git, gradle, maven, and more!
Great to Have
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration
- Java 8 Lambda functions
- Other JVM languages (scala, kotlin, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Jump Technologies highly values this role as part of our development team because of the expectation that experienced developers will help guide and develop less experienced team members.