IT/Operations Support Specialist
With your 3-5 years’ experience with Unix and Linux (*nix) environments and readiness to take more responsibility for day to day operations of an organization, we’d welcome you at Jump Technologies, a rapidly growing organization delivering cloud-based supply chain solutions to hospitals and healthcare systems. You’ll manage and maintain our *nix environment and be comfortable working in a complex, collaborative environment, ensuring our mission critical servers are properly managed for their high availability, 24 x 7 environment. You will also handle general IT responsibilities, maintaining our internal infrastructure, including PCs and network equipment. This position offers unlimited opportunity to grow with us and expand your skills and experience. If you like the idea of working in an organization with a culture that fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and career development, you’ll like working at Jump.
- 3-5 years’ experience with *nix systems, including server administration, installation, configuration, tuning, patching for test and production servers
- Expertise to assume responsibility for maintaining the integrity and security of the enterprise *nix servers and systems
- Experience monitoring, building and maintaining scripts and processes within the system
- Ability to analyze production and test system problems, determine causes and take timely corrective actions
- Experience managing the IT infrastructure of an organization, including supporting internal users
- Experience with server administration, including upgrades, system performance, configuration, and software and installations
- Ability to assist in creating and maintaining internal procedure documentation, critical for maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Recognize, identify and document potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed
Great to have:
- Ability to clearly communicate and defend your ideas and strategies
- A passion for quality and innovation
- A drive to improve, personally and professionally
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
- Ability to proactively identify problems and solution options
- Experience with cloud-based providers
- Related bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in *nix role
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to balance priorities and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, agile product development environment
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter and a strong team player
Jump Technologies is a fast-growing, cloud & mobile software company that develops applications for the healthcare industry. We are a group of very dedicated and passionate people who know we can make a difference and have fun doing it. We like our technology to be disruptive and our brains thinking outside the box. We value independent team members, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in addition to stock options. If this all sounds great to you, you’ll probably fit right in at JumpTech.
We’d love to hear from you and learn more about what you can bring to JumpTech. Please email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: IT/Operations Support Specialist.
Jump Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.